As a collective of leading British growers with a longstanding commitment to sustainable cultivation, we've always striving to bring the best of green living into your retail stores.
Our use of peat-free mediums ensures that our plants grow in the most environmentally-responsible way, whilst our vast experience in the houseplant industry places us at the forefront of trends and demands. As we reflect on the past year, it's clear that our customers have had some favourites.
Here are the top 10 wholesale houseplants from our greenhouses that have resonated most with enthusiasts and budding green thumbs alike:
1. Monstera deliciosa: Often called the ‘Swiss Cheese Plant’, Monstera deliciosa is renowned for its dramatic, perforated leaves. This tropical beauty enjoys indirect sunlight and a humid environment. Water once the top inch of soil feels dry. Its large, lush leaves make it a popular choice for creating a jungle-like atmosphere indoors.
2. Calathea Lancifolia: Recognisable by its dark green leaves with unique, wavy patterning, this plant prefers low to medium light conditions. Ensure consistent moisture but avoid over-watering. Its striking patterns are a visual treat, adding sophistication to any space.
3. Calathea Orbifolia: This plant boasts large, round leaves with silver bands. It thrives in bright, indirect light and requires high humidity. The oversized leaves can be a statement piece in any room, imparting an elegant aesthetic.
4. Calathea Medallion: Characterised by its round leaves with beautifully painted purple undersides, this plant enjoys medium to bright indirect light. It's a humidity lover and would thrive in well-draining soil. Its mesmerising patterns make it a centrepiece in any decor.
5. Strelitzia Nicolai: Commonly known as the 'White Bird of Paradise', it's a plant that can grow tall with large, banana-like leaves. Ideal in bright, indirect light, it makes a striking addition to spaces with high ceilings, giving interiors an exotic touch.
6. Philodendron Zebra: This plant gets its name from the dark green stripes on its leaves. Loving bright, indirect light and a well-draining potting mix, its contrasting stripes provide an aesthetic that's both contemporary and wild.
7. Chlorophytum: More popularly known as the ‘Spider Plant’, Chlorophytum is known for its arching green and white striped leaves. Thriving in indirect light, they're forgiving and adaptable. Their offshoots or “pups” can be easily propagated, making them perfect gifts for friends.
8. Ficus Elastica Robusta: A robust variety of the rubber plant, its dark green, glossy leaves stand out in any setting. Preferring bright, indirect light, it's essential to let its soil dry out between watering. It adds a touch of elegance and grandeur to living spaces.
9. Chamaedorea Elegans: The ‘Parlour Palm’ is a graceful, compact palm that fits perfectly in small spaces. It's tolerant of low light conditions and inconsistent watering, making it a great choice for beginners. With its fine-textured fronds, it brings a touch of the tropics to any room.
10. Ficus Elastica Tineke: A striking variant of the rubber plant, the Tineke boasts cream and green variegated leaves that can brighten up any space. Like its Robusta sibling, it prefers bright, indirect light and well-draining soil. The contrast in its foliage makes it a delightful addition to any plant collection.
Incorporating houseplants into your space not only uplifts the aesthetics but also enhances well-being and indoor air quality. Whether you're an expert or just beginning your plant journey, our curated selection promises something for everyone.
Discover our full Green Plants collection here.